Academic Book Week launched in 2015. It is an annual, five-day celebration of the diversity, innovation and influence of academic books run by the Booksellers Association. Academic Book Week 2020 will take place from Monday 9 – Friday 13 March in association with the Booksellers Association and Midas PR.
Academic Book Week aims to:
* Increase awareness of the academic book, engaging media and alerting policymakers to its importance as part of the intellectual ecosystem of the UK
* Make the academic book more accessible to a wider general audience
* Promote the skills and services of bookshops and libraries
* Promote the processes and skills of creating an academic book by both academics and publishers
* Create opportunities for conversation and collaboration between publishers, booksellers, librarians, and researchers
From debates, workshops and seminars to exhibitions and competitions, Academic Book Week aims to open up a dialogue between the makers, providers and readers of academic books, and to increase awareness of the academic book, alerting policy-makers to its importance as part of the intellectual ecosystem of the UK.
The Booksellers Association is calling on academics, booksellers, publishers, libraries, institutions and researchers to host events, in line with the week’s goal to make academic books more accessible to a wider general audience.
If you would like to be register an event for Academic Book Week 2020 or for more information on how to get involved, please get in touch.
Follow the activity on Twitter at @AcBookWeek and via #AcademicBookWeek